E-commerce is a collaborative network. If you want success, you need to involve and evolve with market trends and policies. You cannot become satisfied with a single strategy. You need to explore and research various platforms where you could create a niche to plant your brand.
Every step is crucial in E-commerce. Never become overjoyed seeing the initial traffic and success. You might be gaining profit with the existing strategy, but it is always ideal to look for something new to remain competitive and attractive in the market.
The affiliate program is a verified and guaranteed policy that is economically beneficial and strategically promotive. Search engine optimization, Adwords, lifestyle images, and google shopping platforms are alternate ways to boost your Shopify sites. But investing in the affiliate platform will be beneficial in the long run.
Learning the basics of affiliate marketing and implementing such digital trends help you to stay ahead in the race. Follow the essential guidelines and study the practicalities of affiliate marketing to set up a trustworthy and popular Shopify store.
The Ins and Outs of Affiliate Program
Affiliate programs or associate programs are all about earning a profit, boosting visibility and brand awareness by promoting your products through affiliates. An affiliate can be called an online salesperson. You can collaborate with various affiliates by providing them with a referral link to attract new customers and retain existing customers through their mode of publishing.
Image from pexels
A successful affiliate tactic involves three parties:
- A merchant owner or advertiser who wants to promote the product.
- Publishers or affiliates who are masters in blogging and digital marketing.
- And finally, the netizen generation who are our potential customers.
The US eCommerce markets have found the affiliate program a profit booster in the long run. Surveys show that 16% of the profit is driven through effectively planned affiliate programs. If you are a beginner in eCommerce, building trust, brand awareness, and reaching new customers take a lot of time. But investing in affiliate programs can guarantee sales markup and an increase in traffic.
Types of Affiliate Markets
Cost-effective strategies are what you need as the owner of a micro-market Shopify store. The affiliates or publishers act as a dealer or agent between you and your customers. Publishers or affiliates generate awareness by promoting your brands through various platforms where you want to promote your brand value.
Let’s figure out the types of affiliate marketing platforms where you could carve a niche to promote your brand:
- Website blogs and webmasters
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Podcasts)
- Mobile applications
- Incentive Programs and search affiliates
- Bloggers, reviewers, or influencers
- Email and podcasts
- Coupon websites
You can pay the affiliates as per the sales conversion rate, per click, or through a hybrid pay scheme. Partnering with multiple affiliates can fuel your business by reaching up to a diversified audience. Invest a quarter of your profit and improve your sales graph to get more traffic within a short time.
Benefits of Affiliate Programs
You might be wondering how affiliate programs can bring a tremendous turnover compared to SEO marketing and google shopping platforms. Affiliates are influencers or agents who can be your master optimizer. Let’s see how choosing the right associates or publishers can be beneficial for your Shopify site in the long run to grab conversion.
- Improves visibility by boosting SEO, google shopping appearance, and social media appearance.
- You can find new customers by choosing various affiliates who are dominant on different platforms.
- You can save your time from framing marketing strategies and a lengthy optimization process.
- Affiliates boost trust and reliability as customers fall for recommendations.
- Affiliates with foreign relations can take you to the global markets.
- Unlike traditional pay per click ads, in an affiliate program, you can pay for conversion and performance.
- Affiliates help to build your networks with other industrial giants and influencers with related markets.
- It can take you to the target or interested audience rather than posing a random appearance.
- Affiliates are quickly responsive to market changes and identify long term strategies to sustain brand value through optimizing with changing trends.
- Offers easy data tracking analytics, increasing transparency of customer insights
Resourceful Guidelines to Set up an Affiliate Program
Setting up the affiliate program to increase store traffic and conversion becomes easy if you have a well-built store and quality products. Finding the right affiliates for your store is the crucial step for running a successful affiliate program. Here are some guidelines to find the appropriate affiliates for your Shopify brand.
- Join any of the affiliate communities or networks (ShareASale, ClickBank, C J Affiliate, Pepper Jam, etc.).
- Make use of Social Media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc.) and affiliate events.
- Turn your customers or colleagues into affiliates.
- Invite influencers and bloggers to be part of the affiliate program.
- Use your website and blogs as a definitive tool to invite affiliates. Provide commission and incentive details on the landing page to recruit perfect partners.
Now, if you have recruited the right affiliates who understand your product and related goals, it is mandatory to put forth some terms and policies regarding pay scale and working.
Here are some key standards to follow while initiating a partner program for your store.
Compulsory agreement for Affiliate Program
An affiliate program is a trade tactic recognized by the FTC. For every merchant and publisher, it is mandatory to sign a common agreement to avoid further misunderstandings. While signing a contract make sure that the policies back your goals.
- Frame commission type (Pay-per-lead or Pay-per-conversion) and binding agreement about the percentage of profit shared with affiliates.
- Clarify the optimum cookie duration.
- Ask for a transparent record of the publishers and website attached.
- Clarify the responsibilities of the publishers and your marketing goals.
- Research about the brands associated with the affiliates.
The affiliate program is a golden scheme to monetize your Shopify store. There are a lot of other proven methods to optimize your store to grab conversion and traffic. But an affiliate program is really a gobsmacking marketing technique that takes your product to the right customers at the right time.
The assistance of a digital marketing consultancy can guide you with the essentials of Shopify services and marketing tactics. Do you need a well-built Shopify website? or do you need marketing packages to improve your site traffic and conversion?
eComIntegrate will help you throughout the entire process. Our services are just a click away from you. Drop your queries below, and let’s get in touch.